The Rowan 5 Bedroom Semi-Detached show house is on view this Saturday 18th of November from 11-11.30am.
An Unparalleled Lifestyle - The Larger 5 Bedroom Semi-detached house type just released 'The Rowan' (c. 245 sq m/c. 2,637 sq ft) with a stunning show house on view. The Rowan houses in which there are only six overlook a fabulous green open space and have views towards Dublin City with prices from €1,200,000.
Last few remaining 3 & 4 Bedroom Detached houses and a 4 bedroom semi-detached houses from €750,000 which are on view by appointment. For further details or to arrange a viewing appointment please contact DNG New Homes on 01- 4912600 or visit Knockrabo.ie.
1 & 2 BED APARTMENTS & PENTHOUSES in The Monteray at Knockrabo will be released from our onsite marketing suite in Early 2018.
Knockrabo is an impressive new development positioned on a stunning elevated site with views of the sea & the city in this enviable location. The elegant 3, 4 & 5 bedroom houses, apartments and penthouses will be set amidst c.20 acres of exquisite parkland and will have exceptional finishes which have been carefully selected in conjunction with the distinguished interior designer Helen Turkington.
Please see links below to the 3D Virtual Tour of our 4 and 5 bedroom show houses:
The development is being constructed by Maplewood Residential renowned for exacting high standards. Designed by award winning architects by O'Mahony Pike the overall vision for Knockrabo is to create a unique community within its fabulous open green spaces with stunning mature trees while sympathetic to the presence of the protected Cedarmount House, The Gate Lodge and also protecting the abundance of mature trees on this prime South Dublin site.
Knockrabo will also incorporate community facilities including a gym, crèche, park, trails and a library
lounge where residents can relax & meet with neighbours (Subject to planning permission).
Knockrabo has always been about more than just a development of beautiful homes in a charming setting.
It’s about community. About lifestyle. This is a place for people to relax, exercise and enjoy the Knockrabo
way of life.
The grounds of Knockrabo are very special, and feature numerous exquisite trees (some of which are over 200
years old). Children have climbed and played among these trees for many generations - as will many generations of Knockrabo residents to come. With the hectic bustle of everyday life, time is always at a premium. When it comes to crèche and gym facilities, Knockrabo will save residents time by offering these facilities on their doorstep.
Knockrabo is built on the site of Mountanville House, a demesne that was the home of Henry Roe who is famous for having paid for the restoration of Christchurch Cathedral.The name Mountanville House was later changed to Knockrabo.
The attractive house of Knockrabo, which stood opposite Mount Anville Convent, was a Victorian house of exceptional quality being located on high ground overlooking much of South County Dublin and a rooftop belvedere was added in the 19th Century to take advantage of these views. The house became the home of Chief Baron Christopher Palles in 1885 until his death in 1920. Later it became a boarding school for girls that practiced the progressive methods of English educator, Charlotte Mason (1842-1923). The school closed in 1960 and the Ski Club of Ireland built their first ski slope there c.1966 until the mid ‘70’s when it moved to Kilternan. In the early 80’s Knockrabo was owned by Dublin Gas employees, it was subsequently sold to Bank of Ireland who used it as their sports club. The BOI sports club included a bowling lawn, grass tennis courts and Knockrabo itself was demolished in 1984 to make way for a new sports facility.
There are so many excellent schools to choose from nearby; in fact there are 13 schools within a 3 mile radius of
Knockrabo and Belfield is a quick cycle away for students who might wish to attend UCD.
There is no shortage of entertainment in the immediate area either. Trips to Airfield Estate; shopping in Mount
Merrion Village, Dundrum and Stillorgan with cinemas and libraries in both Dundrum and Stillorgan.
And, of course, Deer Park, with its rustic tree lined walks, playground and tennis club, is located just 150m from
the gates of Knockrabo. This public park is a fantastic resource for all local residents and offers a range of excellent sporting facilities including soccer and Gaelic pitches. For those seeking tranquillity, there’s ample parkland for strolling, running or just admiring the stunning vistas of Dublin Bay and the city stretching into the distance.
Knockrabo is ideally located in the heart of South County Dublin. It is well served by public transport to Dublin City and offers easy access to the nearby M50.
The nearest LUAS stations to Knockrabo are located at Balally and Dundrum on the Green Line, while the nearest DART station is located at Booterstown. Public transport is provided by Dublin Bus on routes 7b, 7d, 11, 17, 46a, 46e, 47, 75, 116, 118 and 145 in the locality. The main artery through the area is the N11 dual carriageway with its QBC, along with easy access via the Drummartin Link Road to the M50. The Aircoach service to Dublin Airport stops at Fosters Avenue on the N11 en route to the airport.
Highly efficient A-Rated condensing gas boilers from Vokera provide heat to zoned areas in the houses
which are thermostatically controlled independently of each other
Energy Efficiency Specification
All homes will achieve an A2/A3 Building Energy Rating due to the following features:
• Mechanical Ventilation and Heat Recovery units from Dimplex, which deliver a ‘refreshed’ indoor
environment day-in day-out whilst efficiently recovering up to 91% of the outgoing heat energy
• Low maintenance Solar PV panels providing clean, green and free energy top ups to each home
• Excellent standard of wall, floor & roof insulation
Internal Joinery & Ironmongery
• Luxury moulded panel doors fitted throughout by Carroll Joinery with matching skirtings, architraves
and fitted with brass ironmongery
• Higher than standard height doors to ground floor
• Quality timber staircase with mahogany handrail
Choice of engineered wooden flooring or tiling to the hall and open plan kitchen/dining/family area as standard
• Contemporary white suites are standard in all bathrooms
• Pressurised shower systems in showers with chrome fittings, large rain head shower fittings in ensuites,
recessed shelves (where possible) and slim line shower doors and screens
• Chrome heated towel rails are standard in family bathroom and ensuites
• Bathrooms are finished with a combination of porcelain floor and wall tiling to wet areas and stone as standard
Windows & Doors
• Future proof double glazed 1.2W/m2K U-Value, wood grain uPVC windows with child safety catches and external doors with 3 point locking mechanism from Munster Joinery
Wall Finishes & Paint
• Extra high floor to ceiling heights of 9ft on the ground floor
• Ornate cornicing fitted in living room, kitchen area & hall areas as standard
• All walls and ceilings are skimmed and painted throughout as standard. Colour options are available.
Lighting & Electrical Specification
• Generous and well-designed electrical & lighting specification, specified by Helen Turkington allowing for a mix of pendant, downlights and wall lights to optimise the lighting functions throughout the houses
• Pre wired for intruder alarm, multiple TV/ broadband providers and free to air TV with multiple points provided throughout each home
• Numerous USB charging points throughout
• Luxurious Portuguese limestone fireplace surround supplied by Ballymount Fireplaces with ambient electric fire fitted as standard.
• Superior quality bespoke in-frame kitchens by Kelly Design. The solid wood kitchens feature brass handles
& soft close doors and are hand painted with a range of colour options to choose from
• Included in the specification are quartz worktops with quartz splashback behind the hob, integrated multi bin
system and a generous appliance package including integrated fridge / freezer, dishwasher, oven, combi oven, warming drawer, hob and extractor
• Islands are included where possible
• Where present, utility rooms are fitted and plumbed for washing machine and dryers. Where space allows, sinks are included
• Floors are tiled as standard
• High quality built-in wardrobes in bedrooms as per showhouse from Cawleys Furniture. Wardrobes feature
painted doors with brass beehive knobs, oak finished carcasses and a combination of hanging and shelved
space with internal drawers and shoe racks
• Side gates fitted on the side passages of semi-detached and end of terrace houses
• Low maintenance, high quality external finishes of brick, uPVC and dash
• Maintenance free uPVC fascia, soffits and rainwater goods
• Rear gardens will be raked & seeded with a paved patio area
• Cable laid externally to facilitate external lighting / power for future use
• High quality hard and soft landscaping to the front gardens and driveways
• In curtilage parking to accommodate 2 cars per house
• Wiring for Electric Car Charging Point to front of each house
• A Management Company will be put in place to ensure that the high standards of the development at Knockrabo will be maintained into the future
• 10 year structural guarantee
BER: A2 - A3
For further details or to arrange a viewing appointment contact Gina Kennedy or Kate Mullery at DNG New Homes on 01 4912600.