DNG Dorrian are delighted to present the market, this charming traditional style (2) x bedroom cottage with no near neighbors. Perched on gardens and grounds that extend to circa 2 acres in area, the property offers enormous scope for further development as either a small equestrian holding or as a small organic farm. Alternatively, the cottage would make a fantastic artists/writers retreat or for anyone looking for a quiet bolthole in one of Ireland’s most scenic locations.
Enjoying a peaceful and scheduled location the cottage occupies an elevated position with far-reaching open aspect views in a southerly direction over the surrounding countryside. During the current ownership, the cottage initially started out as a modest traditional stone cottage in need of considerable restoration before 2013 when it was sympathetically restored and extended to create the perfect country retreat. Throughout the property, there are charming traditional features together with modern-day conveniences.
• Instantly appealing 2-bed cottage set on circa 2 acres of well-maintained meadow that extends to the Murlin River.
• Peaceful semi-rural setting within close proximity to Cashel Village and it’s essential amenities.
• Cottage enjoys an elevated position with far-reaching views over the surrounding countryside.
• Oil fired central heating with domestic hot water supply supplemented by the Waterford Stanley stove.
• Extended and restored by the current owner around 2013.
• Two generously proportioned bedrooms.
• Spacious open-plan living room / dining room with featured stone fireplace with fitted Waterford Stanley range cooker.
• Solid oak units in the kitchen with slot-in appliances.
• uPVC front door and hardwood windows throughout.
• Driveway with ample parking.
• Property is serviced by an on-site septic tank, mains water and PSTN broadband.
• Shed suitable for conversion into additional living accommodation - subject to necessary planning approval being obtained.
• Viewing by prior arrangement with DNG Dorrian on 074 97 31291.
BER: D2 BER No.114324833 Energy Performance Indicator:278.66 kWh/m²/yr
Storm Porch: 2.97m x 1.16m - with white wood effect front door, ceramic tiled floor, PVC panelling to ceiling.
Living room / Dining room: 6.77m x 3.69m - open-plan configuration incorporating a casual dining area, vaulted tongue and groove ceiling panelling, ceramic stone effect tiled floor, decorative cast iron fireplace with open solid fuel fire, featured natural stone fireplace with built-in Waterford Stanley range cooker sitting on a solid slate hearth, built-in hotpress with factory insulated cylinder tank and fitted linen shelves, inset ceiling lights, PSTN wall socket.
Kitchen: 3.30m x 2.51m - with solid oak wall and base units, featured reclaimed breakfast counter extending into the dining area, slot-in electric oven with (4) x ring hotplate, freestanding fridge / freezer, stainless steel sink with swan neck centre tap, ceramic tiled floor.
Bathroom: 2.21m x 2.18m - with modern sanitary ware in white comprises of a dual flush w.c, pedestal wash hand basin with mirror over, fully tiled open shower cubicle with 5mm tempered glass screen and fitted Triton T90z electric shower, corner bath with (2) x polished steel taps, chest-level tiling to walls, inset ceiling lights, stone effect tiled floor.
Bedroom 1: 3.69m x 3.38m - with lino floor covering, half-vault to ceiling.
Bedroom 2: 3.69m x 2.82m - with lino floor covering, half-vault to ceiling, built-in cast iron stove with tiled surround and hearth, centre light.
Sitting room: 4.61m x 2.70m - with triple aspect windows providing panoramic views over the gardens, uPVC side entrance with tiling to the porched area, pine tongue and groove panelling to ceiling, inset ceiling lights, dark oak floor.
Shed / Workshop: 4.35m x 4.00m - concrete floor, plumbed for washing machine.
Please review map attached below or input eircode into google maps to obtain Streetview (if available).
Strictly by appointment with the Selling Agents. Viewing appointments will be arranged subject to Government legislation regarding COVID-19 and social distancing measures will be adhered to at all times.