Dating from 1823, Distillery Cottage was built for the manager of Kennedy’s whiskey distillery, which operated on the site between 1820 and 1860. According to Griffith’s Valuation of the 1850s, the curtilage comprised the manager’s house, a four storey mill building with two mill wheels, a brew house, cooling house and still house, various stores as well as a forge and a coopers. While the coach house remains largely intact, the mill and all other buildings are now in ruins.
The property stands in the middle of a stunning c.0.64Ha / c.1.5 acre site which has the Ballyfinboy river running parallel to the house. A foot bridge gives access to the other side which is also owned by this property. The house itself is full of character, charm and original features. The wide entrance hall leads to 3 bedrooms and a bathroom with the living section of the house to the rear. There is a spacious living room, kitchen and studio-styled room with double door access to the rear gardens. There is also a covered rear porch area.
Outside is most impressive, with the original coach house currently being used as a workshed, laundry room and store. A sweeping driveway leads to the property. The gardens are private including a number of fruit trees and front and rear gardens. This property is a little oasis, yet sits on the periphery of Cloughjordan village within walking distance access to all amenities. For anyone seeking a period property within a private setting and access to services, this is a must see property.
Period styled property on a private setting
Within walking distance of Cloughjordan village
Mains Water, Septic Tank, OFCH
Entrance Hall - 2.416m x 3.343m
Bedroom 1 - 3.791m x 4.369m
Bedroom 2 - 3.857m x 3.747m
Middle Corridor - 3.374m x 2.771m
Bedroom 3 - 2.572m x 3.736m
Bathroom - 1.904m x 4.025m
Living Room - 3.335m x 5.681m
Rear Corridor - 2.94m x 1.854m
Kitchen - 3.018m x 3.311m
Rear Studio - 3.082m x 5.86m
Rear Space - 3.092m x 1.459m