DNG Covid-19 Update
Measures taken by DNG to View and Value Property
1. What to expect at a DNG Viewing?
DNG have made significant changes to ensure the safety of our staff, clients and the public. Accordingly, when arranging or conducting private appointments, our agents will undertake the following procedures in advance of any viewings:
• Check that the occupants are not ill, self-isolating or under quarantine before arranging and attending.
• We will be conducting contactless viewings. In advance we will arrange with the owner/s to prepare the property by having as many doors and windows open as possible to minimise the need for viewers to do the same. Viewers will also be encouraged not to touch surfaces and to notify the agent if they have done so.
• Single appointments of two attendees within the same household (in addition to one agent) who must provide their details at the time of making the appointment. No children under the age of 16 will be allowed attend.
• Arrange to have all touch points of the property such as benchtops and door handles, wiped down with cleaning products.
• Have hand sanitiser available at the entry of the property.
• As a condition of entry, we require attendees to indicate that they are not ill, self-isolating or under quarantine and have not returned from overseas in the last 14 days.
• Prohibit physical contact, including shaking hands. We will call you on your mobile phone when the property is available to be seen and then greet you with a wave or another contactless greeting instead!
• We will ask that if you are driving a vehicle that you do not park directly outside the property or beside an open green area.
• DNG will provide hand sanitiser at the entry to all properties and the required HSE recommended signage will be displayed.
• Observe social distancing protocols of staying 2 metres away from others where possible.
• Limit inspection times, allowing 15 minutes for people to view the property.
• On completion of a viewing we will arrange to have the touch points of the property wiped down with cleaning products.
• Viewing groups are limited to a maximum of 2 people from different households OR 4 people from a single household.
2. Options to view a property
We are offering physical viewings of all our properties for sale, with our agents following the HSE guidelines. We encourage people to take the virtual tour (where possible) of the property first and then to contact their local DNG office to register your interest in taking a viewing.
3D Virtual Tours and Facetime Viewings
We are now also offering virtual inspections, which allow a personalised property viewing experience without any of the potential risks that exist with face-to-face contact. There are a variety of options including our 3D virtual tours or by using online platforms our agent can talk to you over the phone or via Skype, Zoom or WhatsApp. If you would like more information, or would like to book a virtual viewing of a property, please contact our sales team on Freephone 1800 364 364 or email email@example.com
3. Booking a Sales Valuation with DNG
In advance of a physical valuation of your property your DNG agent will ask for the following guidelines to be adhered to -
• Confirm whether the owner or tenant(s) are cocooning or in an at-risk category and if so, additional precautionary measures that may be required will be undertaken.
• Confirm whether prospective client has returned from travel abroad or has had symptoms of COVID-19 over the last 14 days.
• A waiver to confirm these points must be signed in advance of the inspection.
• Where the property is occupied, social distancing of at least 2 metres will be adhered to as best allows.
• On entry and exit from the property, hands must be sanitised.
4. Options to value your home by DNG
• In person valuation
• Live video tour
• Recorded video
• Eircode valuation