DNG Cregg O'Callaghan are proud to present this rare opportunity to own a "piece of history" which, due to its size, layout and location can offer any purchaser an ideal investment opportunity. The property is laid out having fifty rooms, in three main blocks, over three stories, which could easily be sectioned off for independent uses, in which case each block would have its own access, via separate entrances and stairs. There are several large rooms that can host large groups of people, and an impressive venue which was previously the chapel.
The building is fully rewired and replumbed, structurally sound and has over 60 double glazed windows throughout. The timber ceiling of the chapel is stunning, the roofing is excellent, a new lead valley was installed in recent years, and all the raingoods were rejointed. Overall the property has excellent roofing, with many areas recently renovated, reslated areas, cast iron raingoods repaired, and with sound structural woodwork.
The property offers a number of highlighted features below to name but a few:
- Large capacity property with over 25 twin sized bedrooms, 3 function rooms and a venue of the Chapel
- Fresh and functional with rennovated wiring, plumbing, roofing, raingoods and gardens
- Proven potential for development, from previously approved planning applications
- Many funding and grant initiatives are possible here, for this property in this region
- Many helpful local at government level, are open to new ventures here
- Positive social history to this place, which served the locality well as a school centre
- Quality stone building with charming, traditional master carpentry throughout
- Excellent architectural design provides versatile functionality to suit many modern uses
- An old chapel is ideal to repurpose as a magnificent venue with impressive features
- Large double-glazed windows throughout the building and adequate attic insulation exists
- High ceilings throughout the property add to the spacious, airy quality of bright rooms
- Spring Well on site, large capacity at 135,000 litres, quality brick lined, 6ft diameter x 42ft depth
- Fully serviced by mains for water, sewerage, and electricity with Single phase and 3 phase board
- Fibre Optic Broadband speeds provided by the fibre optic exchange that's located nextdoor
- Close to national roads and national public transport services, including local bus services
- The town itself provides a full range of excellent modern services, with many local attractions
- This property requires very little investment to finish simply to suit a variety of new uses
- Off street parking and an array of useful outbuildings, with mature gardens all around site
A currently functional, structurally solid property, offering large capacity and huge versatility. The property requires very little investment to finish for a variety of uses. It's at the ideal stage to develop quickly. Overall the property is in excellent condition, it large residential capacity renders its use open to hotel, guesthouse, hostel, retreat centre or indeed a nursing home, A quick conveyance is possible, due to clear freehold title and private ownership.
Strictly by Appointment Only through the Sole Selling Agent